Special thanks to our employees, whose responses ranked SGC in 3rd place in the mid-sized category in the 2017 Best Places to Work in Maine awards!
Click Here to be redirected to the 2017 Best Places to Work in Maine SGC press release.
About SGC Engineering, LLC
We are a highly responsive, solution-oriented engineering and surveying firm serving clients throughout North America. Since our establishment in 1999, we have delivered responsive, attentive service, and deployment of advanced technology to provide cost-effective survey engineering services and engineered solutions for energy and power transmission and distribution facilities, commercial and residential real estate developments, water and wastewater treatment, and stormwater management.
Headquartered in Westbrook, Maine, we have a team of more than 125 employees operating from professional and field offices across the eastern US.
We became a member of the Lloyd’s Register (LR) Group in September 2013. LR is a global engineering, technical and business services organization wholly owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering. We operate as a subsidiary of LR’s US-based company Lloyd’s Register Americas, Inc. As a member of LR, we have access to a superior network of resources and expertise, and are able to collaborate on many projects.
We are committed to delivering solutions to our clients in a professional manner that exceeds their expectations and ensures that long-term relationships are maintained. As a professional services company, our mission is:
- To provide the highest level of service through creative problem-solving, professional analysis, and meeting deadlines thereby achieving exceptional results at a competitive price.
- To continually review, evaluate and improve our methods and technology to quickly and successfully meet the needs of our clients.
- To provide decisive leadership in maintaining our integrity and ethics, and the integrity, ethics and dignity of the Engineering Profession.
- To create a safe, healthy and environmentally conscientious workplace and culture that sets the benchmark for others to follow.
- To offer and promote personal and professional growth to all employees; to encourage participation in decision-making, yet demand individual accountability.
Why is technical excellence so important to us? Because it means we can offer our clients best in practice solutions they can value and trust. Our global knowledge is at the core of our business, and our reputation is built on that.
So, what makes us unique? Our values and mission have always been aligned with the safe, effective and efficient delivery of energy and our goal is to make a visible positive contribution to the countries, cultures and business environments in which we work. We believe this is an integral part of good business practice.
We are fully committed to delivering our services in a safe, environmentally responsible and quality assured manner. Formal systems have been developed and are implemented within all areas of our business.